Welcome to the web site www.ratvision.com (“Ratvision.com” or "Site"), which is owned and operated by Rat Vision, LLC (“Ratvision”). On Ratvision.com, athletes, fans and industry professionals come together to discover, judge & enjoy the best in undiscovered skateboarding online (“Ratvision Services”). Your use of this Site and the features at this Site are subject to these Terms and Conditions ("Terms"), which we may update from time to time. Your use of this Site after we post any changes to these Terms constitutes your agreement to those changes. Ratvision may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, discontinue this Site or any part thereof, with or without notice, or may prevent your use of this Site with or without notice to you. Ratvision will have no liability to you if this Site is discontinued or your ability to access it is terminated. You are only authorized to use the Ratvision Services (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and to these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should immediately discontinue all use of this Site.
Content on this Site provided by Ratvision or its licensors, including certain art work, graphics, photographs, images, screen shots, text, music, digitally downloadable files, video clips, trademarks, logos, product and character names, slogans, and the compilation of the foregoing ("Ratvision Content") is the property of Ratvision and its licensors and is protected in the U.S. and internationally under trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws. Content provided by users of the site ("Submitted Content"), such as user-posted content, including graphics, video clips, images, trademarks, trade names, characters, and trademarks and copyrights is the property of the parties that provided that content, and is used by Ratvision subject to license, or subject to the fair use provisions of U.S. copyright or trademark law or made permissible under other applicable law. Although Ratvision makes efforts to insure that all material on this site is correct, accuracy cannot be, and is not, guaranteed by Ratvision. You agree not to download, display or use any Ratvision Content or Submitted Content located on the Site for use in any publications, on websites other than this Site for any other commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of Ratvision, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits Ratvision and/or its licensors, that dilutes the strength of Ratvision's or its licensor's property, or that otherwise infringes Ratvision's or its licensor's intellectual property rights. You further agree to in no other way misuse any Ratvision Content or Submitted Content that appears on this Site. If you are a trademark or copyright owner and you believe that your trademark or copyright rights have been violated, please go to the DMCA link at the bottom of any Site web page and follow the instructions. Users who believe that user-posted content includes infringing materials should click on the Copyright icon while playing or judging that content.
Posting Submitted Content
On certain areas of our Site you may be able to submit texts, files, images, photos, videos, text postings, and other materials and content ("Submitted Content"). Your posting of Submitted Content is subject to these Terms, the following terms ("Submission Rules"), and any additional terms posted for a specific feature:
- No Illegal, Infringing or Abusive Message Content: You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for your Submitted Content, and agree not to post any content that is unlawful, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, obscene, invasive of the privacy of another person, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist, infringing, pornographic, violent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Ratvision.
- No Violations of Third Party Rights: You agree that you will not post any content that contains personal information about any individual, violates the privacy/publicity of any other individual or entity, or anything that you are under a contractual obligation to keep private or confidential. You agree that you will not impersonate any person or organization, including without limitation, the personnel of Ratvision. You further agree that you will not misrepresent an affiliation with another person or organization, nor will you post any content that contains slanderous or libelous comments about others, or that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of a third party.
- No Commercial Use: You agree that you will not post any content that contains business solicitation of any type, including advertising a product or service, offering a product or service for sale, or directing readers to a location for more information about a product or service.
- No Viruses, Corrupting Files or Interference: You agree that you will not post any software, files or links to other sites, and that you will not post any content that contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of the Site, or feature of the Site. You further agree that you will not modify in any way any specifications, technology or application codes provided to you by Ratvision or as embedded in the Submitted Content unless expressly authorized in writing by Ratvision.
- Use of Account Information: You may not share or transfer password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your account and for the confidentiality of your password
- Responsibility of Postings: You understand and acknowledge that Submitted Content posted by you is solely your responsibility, and that Ratvision is not responsible for the information, data, text or other materials that may appear in any Submitted Content. Opinions expressed in Submitted Content do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Ratvision, and Ratvision does not endorse and has no control over Submitted Content. Submitted Content is not necessarily reviewed by Ratvision prior to posting and Ratvision makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Submitted Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Submitted Content.
- No Monitoring/Violation Notices: Ratvision does not necessarily monitor any materials posted, transmitted, or communicated to or within the Site. If you believe that something on the Site violates these Terms, please email Ratvision Staff.
- User Termination/No Ownership: You understand and agree that you have no ownership rights in your account or other access to the Site or features therein. Ratvision may cancel your Account and delete all Submitted Content associated with your Account at any time, and without notice, if Ratvision deems that you have violated these Terms, the Submission Rules, the law, or for any other reason. Ratvision assumes no liability for any information removed from our Site, and reserves the right to permanently restrict access to the Site or a user Account.
- No Confidentiality: The nature of this Site is interactive and public. By posting Submitted Content, you understand and acknowledge that any materials, ideas or other communications you transmit in any manner and for any reason will not be treated as confidential or proprietary. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, video, scripts, music, photographs, designs, plans, charts, or other materials you transmit to Ratvision may be used by Ratvision anywhere, anytime, and for any reason whatsoever subject to the terms of the Submitted Content License described in Ownership of Posted Content and License thereto, below.
Ownership of Posted Content and License Thereto
After posting your Submitted Content to the Site, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Submitted Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Submitted Content in any way you choose, subject to these Terms and the license described herein ("Submitted Content License"). Ratvision may delete any Submitted Content that, in the sole judgment of Ratvision, violates these Terms or the Submission Rules.
- Scope of License: By displaying, publishing, or otherwise posting any Submitted Content on or through the Site, you hereby grant to Ratvision a limited, non-exclusive (meaning that you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to Ratvision), sub-licensable (so that Ratvision can use its affiliates, partners and other subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks and wireless carriers to provide the Ratvision Services), worldwide (because the Internet and Ratvision Services are global in reach), fully-paid and royalty free (meaning that Ratvision is not required to pay you for the use of the Submitted Content you post) license to use, modify (every effort will be made to preserve the integrity of your Submitted Content, but occasionally a technical modification such as compressing the file is necessary), publicly perform or publicly display (for editorial or promotional purposes), reproduce, and distribute such Submitted Content without the requirement to make payment to any third party or the need to seek any third party permission. This license includes the right to host, index, cache, distribute, and tag any Submitted Content.
- • Representations: You represent and warrant that you own the Submitted Content displayed, published or posted by you on the Site and otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth herein, and the displaying, publishing or posting of your Submitted Content, and that our use thereof pursuant to the submitted Content License, does not/will not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Submitted Content displayed, published or posted by you to the Site. Except for your Submitted Content, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Submitted Content appearing on this Site.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ratvision, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, employees, and website contractors and each of their officers, employees and agents harmless from any claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, related to your violation of these Terms, including the Submission Rules, or any violations thereof by your dependents or which arises from the use of Submitted Content or the Ratvision Marketplace.
Ratvision and the Community
Ratvision and the Community work together to keep Ratvision running and the Community safe. If you have concerns about Ratvision or a user on Ratvision, please contact the Ratvision staff directly. Ratvision's staff works to ensure that the site is safe, accessible, and enjoyable to all of our members, partners, and sponsors. Ratvision, at its sole discretion, may deactivate, suspend, or terminate our services and user accounts, prohibit access to areas or the entirety of the Ratvision web Site, remove content, and take other technical or legal steps to keep users off the Site if they are acting in a manner inconsistent with Ratvision's Terms and Conditions and/or Community Values. You also agree that you will not:
- Infrastructure: Utilize any technology or take any action with the intent of overloading or disrupting the normal operation of the Ratvision infrastructure;
- Permissions: Copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for Your Information) from the Sites without the prior express written permission of Ratvision and any other appropriate parties;
- Interference: Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Ratvision site, communication between users on the site, or any other activities conducted on the site, including the ranking of entries while judging.
Your Obligations When Ranking Content
At this Site you may be given the opportunity to review and rank Submitted Content. You are solely responsible for your rankings and reviews, which must adhere to these Terms, including the Submission Rules.
Third Party Websites
Representations and Limitations of Liability
Ratvision makes no representations about the reliability of the features of this Site, the Ratvision Content, Submitted Content, or any other Site feature, and disclaims all liability in the event of any service failure. You acknowledge that any reliance on such material and/or systems will be at your own risk. Ratvision makes no representations regarding the amount of time that any Ratvision Content or Submitted Content will be preserved. Ratvision does not endorse, verify, evaluate or guarantee any information provided by users, including rankings, reviews, or other Submitted Content and nothing shall be considered as an endorsement, verification or guarantee of any ranking, review or Submitted Content. You shall not create or distribute information, including but not limited to advertisements, press releases or other marketing materials, or include links to any sites which contain or suggest an endorsement by Ratvision without the prior review and written approval of Ratvision. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may accurately disclose and describe your participation in this Site and your Submitted Content (for example, describing and promoting your Submitted Content on a personal blog or in emails).
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE THEREIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL RATVISION BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, NOR SHALL RATVISION BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND RATVISION'S REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS SITE'S RECORDS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL RATVISION'S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS (US $5.00). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ALTHOUGH RATVISION.COM MAKES EFFORTS TO INSURE THAT ALL MATERIAL ON THIS SITE IS CORRECT, ACCURACY CANNOT, AND IS NOT, GUARANTEED BY RATVISION.COM.